Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

1/09/2015

Mido

Running them streets. 







On me: Jacket via HK, Pants via Motelrocks, top via Cotton On, shoes via Forever 21& bag via Winners 

During my trip to Hong Kong I managed to meet up with the sassy blogger Nick Chan of Cut&Copy!
Taking up a local hotspot, Nick brought me to Mido Cafe, a 'cha chan tang' where many locals enjoy frequenting.
The cafe was located in Yau Ma Tei, a location I never visited before, not even during my first sixteen years of living in Hong Kong. So it was thrilling yet nerve wracking to discover an unfamiliar d
istrict.
(I think I nearly got ran over five times trying to cross a road)
Surprisingly, Yau Ma Tei was nothing like its neighboring district, Mong Kok.
Instead it held a lot of unique charm with the aging buildings and local establishments, constrasting the kitsch and colourful scene Mong Kok usually displays.


After shooting several shots in the restaurant and around Yau Ma Tei, Nick and I departed ways where I headed to meet my girl Janice!
It's been two years since I last saw this girl (view Alive and Summer's High), so I was looking forward to hear stories of Janice's new life studying in Boston.
Walking around, we discovered several locations and began shooting random pictures to relive our tradition of always shooting one and other every time we met up. 
Till next time lovelies!


Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
Xo Charmyn




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig