Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

9/10/2015

South Core

Scouted in the Financial District.

On me: jacket via Zara, culottes (on sale) & choker (buy mevia SammyDress, Sunglasses via Aldo & Heels via Jeffrey Campbell 
Photography: Léon Di Hsu
Editing: Dreamer Charmyn 


Exhausted and completely over whelmed with the mess I made when packing for Toronto.

 I got back from my trip less than a week ago, but I would've loved to explore a bit more.
(i.e. chipotle themed sleepovers at Eugenia's sick loft and more ice cream dates with my girl Christy)

Being located in the suburban area of Toronto, I knew I wanted to shoot somewhere in downtown.
Combine that need with one hour of Instagram browsing and voila!
The SFC Bridge.
Located in the Financial district, this bridge connects to multiple buildings making it the most difficult spot to locate.
Based off estimation Leon & I probably spent longer finding the bridge than actually shooting there.
Although difficult to find, the location proved to be convenient since Leon & I could spend more time testing different poses / lighting without worrying about blocking pedestrians.
Besides, who doesn't love something other than white walls?

Culottes are no secret love of mine, they cover your legs, give comfort, and allow for ventilation.
Pairing them with a loose tank and a classic leather jacket / six inch boots to stomp around I was set.
(side note: don't wear crazy heels in Toronto... especially if you plan to walk every street you see... you will die if you do)
Chokers from the 90's seem to be popular again, and never wearing one of these before I thought i'd give them a go.
Plus the relaunch of the Sailormoon and mass production of moon inspired jewelry couldn't hurt.

Returning to reality, my second day of school starts tomorrow and it kills me.
Mainly because it's only been my first day, yet I still manage to feel immensely tired and crash when I get home.
Plus, the weather is basically a replica of the Hobbit or LOTR set.
Darkness after 3 hours spent on campus, rain, and fog.
And when I say fog, I don't mean a little bit of fog, I mean ALOT.

Who knows though?
Perhaps I'll grow accustomed to the overcast weather... minus the rain and fog.
Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig