Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

1/14/2017

Making My Way Downtown

Adapting to Mother Nature. 




On me: top via Romwe (buy me
Lip: Dirty Peach via Kylie Cosmetics
Photography: Mack Canelas

'Never underestimate what you do not know (By that I mean the weather).' On my arrival in Toronto I was greeted with one of the most intense snow storms - it took five hours to check in to the hotel but that's what I get for taking the bus instead of the taxi. Even though I had to pull my suitcase out of the calf-deep snow time and time again, I consider it to be one of the funniest moments I've experienced up to date.
Also, I could be saying all of this because I'm simultaneously watching a 'Series of Unfortunate Events' on Netflix, and in comparison I don't think the heavy snowfall was that detrimental.
*On a side note: do you guys have the same problem when your iPhone would just automatically shut off because it’s too cold outside? 
Yeah me neither.
The photo shoot was captured by the uber talented Mack Canelas, who also had previously helped me out at the Christmas Market at Nathan Phillips Square and along side on Queen Street.
If you look at the night photos, you can see glimpses of the 'Toronto' sign in the background that created an illuminated effect.
My favourite shot is the detailing on the sweater's zipper, and the chrome effect on my nails.

This look was created out of not being prepared for the initial snowfall, while still retaining a classic silhouette.
Sweaters are always a go to of mine, whether it is with skirts, shorts, or jeans.
They just seem to match.
Which is why I selected this Romwe's olive sweater that had a connected choker and zipper detailing on the side.
It paired better than expected, and surprisingly with the jacket I purchased mid-shoot.
Speaking of green things, Mack introduced me to a matcha drink at Starbucks that I've been obsessing over.
If you're feeling adventurous next time you're ordering a matcha latte, try using soy milk and a pump (or two) of maple syrup.
You're welcome.

Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn 
SaveSave
SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig