Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

3/13/2017

Amorphö

Clearly looking for food. 





On me: Sweater via Amorphö (buy me)
Photography: Jeremy Son

Hello guys! 
It's been a crazy few months since the school year started and I've been mainly working on my Instagram, hence my absence on this platform. 
However, no fear, I am back and ready to publish a lot of overdue posts!

For those who followed me around December will remember I got to visit New York around my Winter Break. 
And during that time I had the pleasure of meeting up with a local Hong Kong designer Jeremy Son who created Amorphö
I've always loved hearing about young creatives, especially from Hong Kong since it is a place close to my heart. 
Amorphö is a brand that merges the different cultures present in todays society, and they were lovely enough to gift me with this 'Caution Sweatshirt'.

The day started out with us meeting in Brooklyn, since Jeremy lived around that area and I have a partial favouritism towards Dumbo.
Our plan was to do a shoot around that area and then find a spot for coffee / tea later. 
The first shooting location for the day was at the street that featured the infamous Brooklyn Bridge.
Yes, I couldn't help myself I had to take a photo at this typical blogger spot. 
And in all honesty I don't feel ashamed.
Initially Jeremy and I both assumed we would have to wait for the hordes of tourist to leave in order to get a good shot. 
Lucky for us, the only problem we faced at the spot was that the sun was behind the bridge so it created a shadow on us. 
Thanks to Instagram's 'Lux' editing feature though I managed to capture a decent looking Insta-shot (view photo), while Jeremy used his Lightroom editing skills and created his own version of an Instagram post (view here).
However, it turns out that the 25th of December is the best day to have a photoshoot because everything is closed and nothing is open.
And when Google says everything is closed. 
It means everything.
I'm not sure about how Jeremy felt, but personally I was over whelmed because while growing up in Hong Kong there was at least something or certain areas that were open during the holidays.

The main location for our shoot was at Jane's Carousel which is my favourite spot in all of New York.
I saw it online when planning places to visit, and immediately fell in love with the juxtaposition of how the structured glass attraction contrasted with the whimsicality of that area.
Photographing the sweatshirt along with my outfit of the day, the result we received was these final photos!
I never got to post the outfit I shot during the summer, so I'm excited to finally share with you guys these shots.
Finally, the shoot was done and Jeremy & I spent the remaining hour looking for a cafe to only discover everything was closed in Brooklyn then Uber-ing to Chinatown where the only cafe that was open was Cha Time.
Here's a mini note to bless Cha-Time and to whoever chose to work on that day.
You are amazing.
Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees



Xo Charmyn

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig