Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

7/15/2015

Pooling Around

Real talk on accepting myself. 


On me: cross back swimsuit via Jets Swimwear (buy me)
Photography: Sayaka Hsieh
Editing: Dreamer Charmyn


Here's something you may not know about me: I don't like showing my body too much. 
As a child, I was known as that chubby kid. 
And naturally going through the process of high school, a lot of my peers didn't like my size.
Classmates tended to exclude me for my look, and the fact I was an easy target in tag games.

I'd like to mention though that this isn't a sob story, and that my high school experience wasn't ALL bad. 
It just had some redefining moment that defined who I am as a person. 
Especially, my respect for people who do their best in self-presentation because if you don't like or spend time on yourself, who else will?

Despite that, I don't want my past to control me; specifically, my mindset, because I sometimes still feel like that chubby kid five years ago, regardless of what I look like today.
That's why I decided it was time for a change.

It's easy to want to change, but enacting that idea is an entirely different matter.
Therefore, I'm making this public so all of you can hold me accountable for my progress. 
On a weekly basis I hope to run indoors twice a week, and outside twice a week... mainly to reduce my uncomfortableness with doing exercise outdoors.

Now onto the outfit. 
Working with JETS swimwear gave me the perfect opportunity to change my mindset.
With their stylish one piece, my visit to the pool was also made easier!
I love how it provided a comfortable fit while retaining a unique and glamorous style.
(the mesh ribbing on the side is what got me) 
You can view their 2015 collection here

I'm thrilled to have finally done a swimsuit shoot. 
I don't recall the last time I didn't hide or ask someone to delete a photo of me at the beach.
Any of you faced your fears recently? Let me know in the comments below. 

Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig