Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

4/20/2017

Fire Esc-ape

Serving looks in this New York Throw Back 









On me: romper + bomber via L&F & heels via Cape Robbin

Have you ever thought a set of photos wasn't good enough, never posted them, and then look back and realize how silly you were?
Yeah, this is an example of that.
I was browsing through my drafted blog posts and stumbled upon this set of photos I shot last Summer in New York.

Something on my bucket list in New York was to do a shoot on a fire escape since it's a location I've always seen in romance movies and in Vancouver / Hong Kong there is barely any fire escapes. Therefore, when I discovered the location I was staying at had a fire escape I knew I had to do a shoot.
Also, I have a question for you guys, I heard staying on a fire escape in New York was considered an illegal act. 
Is that true?
(lol if it isn't)

These photos were shot on my birthday, hence the super intense makeup.
I wish I documented what products I used for eye shadow because I always mix different shades together until something passable comes out.
However, what I do know is that I used the Faceshop's brow pencil to fill in my eyebrows and Clio's shimmer eye shadow pot for the inner corners. 
Highly recommend those two products, because even after a year I still use them.
Also, my eyeliner is never the same, because I don't know how to make the same wing shape. 
I chose this outfit since the weather was very very very hot, and this romper provided the right amount of ventilation. 
The bomber I paired with this look says 'New York' on the back, and I purchased it as a souvenir when browsing certain stores in SoHo, because I know magnets and mugs are a common item tourists purchase when on holiday. I too have done that in the past with my family, but I notice that the souvenir ends up becoming a paperweight, so I decided the bomber would be more useful since it said New York on it while functioning as a stylish piece.
The downside to this outfit though is that these strap on heels kept falling off as I walked, so throughout the shoot, I had to re-do them several times.
Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig