Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

3/30/2015

Substitute

Like every student, I live vicariously through a routine.
It may seem mundane and tiring, but I find that once in a while you can kick it up a notch.


On me: Top via Winners, pants via Forever 21 & shoes via Sirens
Photography: Dreamer Charmyn

Like every student, I live vicariously through a routine.
It may seem mundane and tiring, but I find that once in a while you can kick it up a notch.

During a weekly class meeting, my partner and I debate on questions, and whose answer is more accurate.
The venue? The study room, or the kitchen in case one of us has the munchies. 
The solution? Somewhere that is not dark, crowded with a bunch of students (meaning noisy af), close to transit, and near a food source.
And voila! Here is our solution, frozen yoghurt.


Coming from Hong Kong, frozen yoghurt became a religion. 
This made Qoola a perfect fit, it was indoors, had savoury and sweet food such as quinoa salad's and fro-yo that made it a 
healthy option.
Also, attempting to minimize my coffee intake made this a great substitute to a cafe.
^ To anyone got that economics joke ;)

Along with a new venue, I decided to find a happy medium between comfort and not homeless chic for this outfit.
The result? A lazy pair of pants to match with a loose wrap top, and traditional leather jacket to mimic the drab weather we've been experiencing lately. 
Also I made the executive decision in transitioning out of boots.
Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn


PS: many thanks to Rich Joy & Burak for swirling + freezing our froyo!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig