Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

3/29/2015

Carnival Affair

Twirling the day away in Klarra's skirt.




On me: sweater (buy me) + skirt (buy me) via Klarra

It's been two years since the first AIA Carnival.
Hearing it's return made me excited, mainly due to the thought of roller coasters and abundance of soft toys. 

Starting the day off with the sassiest duo Unknown Photography (aka Sophia Chae + Toby Ng), we brunched at The Brunch Club. 
Entering a food coma state, Toby and I headed towards the carnival.
And getting ahead of myself, I tackled the most challenging ride. 
Due to me not noting the name of the ride, here is my attempt at describing it to you. 
It's a two sided pole where five to six people are seated on each end, and it flings you 360 degrees in the air. 
Although... when the ride began flinging us in several rotations (forwards + backwards) I began realizing that I didn't think this through. 
Oh well, at least the skirt didn't flash anyone.

I've always been a fan of maxi skirts, but with my short stature, I always longed for something a bit shorter. 
A midi if you will.
That's what made this skirt perfect.
Its ability to work against Hong Kong's passive cold and hot weather, but withstand the movement a carnival entails. 

The remainder of the day consisted of seeing a beautiful view of Hong Kong's skyline, talking of future aspirations and running to meet Keefe for a late dinner.
Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn



 








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig