Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

9/21/2015

Fields of Gold

Casual



On me: top via HM, skirt via Joe fresh (on sale) & heels via Ardene
Photography: Sayaka Hsieh
Editing: Dreamercharmyn


To be honest, this was not a field; just a patch of wheat near the skytrain station.


Well into the second week of school, the notions of summer have finally disappeared along with the golden rays of 6pm.
My study mode has finally kicked in, but I will miss the knowledge of being able to study till 8pm, while still having enough sunlight to shoot at 10pm.
Although the sun will no longer be present during my late night commutes home, at least I will get to see some similarities between Vancouver and Hong Kong's night life.
As a child, a favourite past time of was to take the number twenty eight minibus from my apartment in Hong Kong and watch the city go by.
The ride usually lasted for an hour, but i remember always being fascinated with the changing scenery of the suburbs to a metropolitan city.
Known for its ever-growing population, Hong Kong was always filled with people.
Despite having a lack of personal space in the MTR, waiting in long queues for a taxi, checkout, or restaurant; I never minded at all.

This ensemble was actually worn to my friends dinner where I distinctly remember saying I wanted to dress casual.
Not so much of a news flash to my friends (mainly me), but I never dress casual.
I'll genuinely start off with the notion that "today I will be casual", but proceed to end up looking like I placed 100% of my efforts in looking presentable.
It's actually quite exasperating / humorous at times, thinking I did a decent job in casual dressing, but receive questions such as "where are you going tonight"?
 All in all, I've officially given up in trying to dress casual, because it never seems to work out.
Why try so hard to be something i'm not?
Minimalism will always be something I admire, but to completely submerge myself (Instagram feed, room, and style) is not something I can embody; I just love color too much!
Also I realized the less thought I put into how I looked (which is 98% of the time), the more likely I could create something casual.

Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn

Ps: this song's melody is everything.
Especially at night during late night editing sessions.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig