Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

10/01/2015

Dusk to Dawn

Sharing my roof topping experience.






On me: top via Free People (on sale), pants via Nordstrom, heels via Jeffrey Campbell (buy me), necklace via Sammydress (on sale) & watch via Fossil (buy me)
Photography: Eff Stop


As I have previously mentioned, I’ve always been a fan of the city; the non stop bustle and continuous notion that life is moving all around you. For me, Toronto is definitely no exception to that. During my two week trip, it seemed like my schedule was a repetitive movement of bus, walk (run), brunch and shoot. Normally I would shoot on the street, but I thought why not try something new?

Hence roof topping.

Roof topping has always been on my bucket list. The thrill of exploring the city, the adrenaline rush of breaking and entering, and of course, the view. I never knew when this dream would be checked off, but through discovering Kendrah from Eff Stop, my wish was granted. Initially I foresaw myself being terrified of heights, but once reaching the roof top I realized I wasn’t afraid; there was an breathtaking skyline of Toronto, sparklers, and of course good company.

Meeting Kendrah was refreshing, her fearlessness and our connection through being exhausted after 20 flights of stairs is something I'll always remember.
After shooting Kendrah and I took the time to walk around downtown to check out the Busker festival and nom on some banhi mi boys, which is essentially one of the best asian fusion sandwich shops I've ever eaten at.

When planning this shoot I knew I wanted to create a look that captured the essence of being free while giving some edge. I didn’t know what I would pick, but visiting the Nordstrom warehouse sale in Mississauga I found two pieces that would fit the look. Always contemplating between splurging and saving I decided to go with my gut and purchase a top from Free People. It’s flowy and oversized shape fit exactly what I envisioned and would pair well with either a maxi skirt or a pair of jeans (I checked). I forgot the brand of pants I’m wearing, but they definitely are a better fit than a lot of jeans I’ve tried on so far. 

Looking back at these pictures make me grateful for the experience I’ve had so far this Summer. Sometimes I let myself get carried away by the moment, and always believe that I should be more intelligent or receive a better result. (mainly due to my high standards towards myself) But I have to understand that when you sit back and think, life isn’t so bad. Not many nineteen year olds get to experience some of the moments I’ve had; and for that I am thankful.


Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig