Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

10/26/2015

Not One Dimensional

More than the resting face you see.






On me: top via Zara, skirt via Agaci (on sale) & heels via Jeffrey Campbell
Editing: Dreamercharmyn

The fantastic thing about graphic prints is that they immediately spice up any outfit, and after my brief encounter in with Klarra's midi skirt (view here) I decided to hop on the midi-skirt bandwagon.
So far I've owned two midi skirts, the first one being from Klarra, and the second one which I purchased during my holiday last Christmas (view here). 
However, after finals last summer I decided to shove this piece into my suitcase and make it work.

Typically prints can either go tacky or chic (for me) depending on the print itself and how you style it.
Although this print in particular certainly gives a laid back, dramatic, flirty appeal that allows one to throw on any top, a jacket (optional depending on where you're going), some killer heels and you're good to go.

This is one of my favourite sets as of date, and I know I say that at almost every shoot, but something about how my expression isn't the typical 'i hate the world' stare is what intrigues me.
In relation to that, there was a post created by womansera on Facebook called "dedicated to girls" (I know i'm one of those people who like to "share" debatable posts), and it made me realize how easy it is to summarize someone based on a brief encounter. 
(read it here
Granted first impressions do last, but just like how photography can capture the unexpected beauty of someone, so can the different facets that an individual is compromised of. 

Simply watching the transformation of someone's attitude by a change in outfits is something that's always fascinated me, and just like makeup it too can uplift someone from a terrible mood. 
Think of it as exploring the various sides of yourself.

I enjoy doing this when I get ready in the morning, because I get to create different styles without restricting myself to any guidelines.
I find not having any rules and just letting myself wander is the best way to create something.
Whether it be photography, essay writing, or a blog post.
Spontaneity is best when it comes to discovery, and this post is no exception to that.
Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig