Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

1/26/2016

Sucker Punch

Jet lag, ice cream runs, and online dating.




On me: top via H&M, skirt via F21, boots via Nordstrom & cardigan via Hong Kong
Photography: Keefe Tiu


Why hello there 2016!
It's me Charmyn, residential potato who's still not properly dressed for vancity temperatures, and fluctuating heating systems that have lead to sweater outfits no longer being an option, albeit for the cropped styles that allow for ventilation when it gets too damned hot.
More importantly, no amount of liquid consumption (light iced or not), ice cream runs (solo ones), and cooling sprays/masks/gels have satiated the heat flashes that rise across my face on a daily basis.
Cut to Vancouver, where a decent percentage of the population's fear of the cold has them breaking out in down jackets, blanket scarves, and rain boots to compensate for the light drizzle.

The best decision I made after eleven days of this, was to turn on the air conditioning.

Most recently I underwent a (keep in mind VERY) brief lapse, of falling into the trope of "new year, new me", but really who am I kidding?
I know I call bullshit on many things, but this isn't any different.
If your resolutions are to remove self harming habits then kudos to you, but if its anything along the lines of changing who YOU are then count me out.
In the end running away from who you are it isn't going to make you any happier.

Don't worry you're not alone, it took me almost two weeks to realize this.
Personally I've been mutual on the subject of monogamy and the happiness it entails, but with 2016 and exponential amount of friends that have suggested to 'put myself out there' I decided to give casual dating a whirl.

And only being able to last eleven days of exploring this trend all I can say is i'm tired, and thank you.
One, because getting ready and not over dressing makeup, clothing, and shoe wise is the bane of my existence.
Two, who knew Bart-Simpson printed sweaters and dark matte lipsticks were too intense?
Jokes aside, I did learn a lot about myself, the passions, goals, and why I enjoy creating. 


So in case anyone is lost to my rambling, the take away point is: to say yes.
Say yes to new chances and experiences because even though it may not work out and life may sucker punch you, it's better to have said "fuck it" than to never have tried it at all.


Till next time lovelies!
Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig