Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

2/14/2016

As You Are

In the end you just can't let small things get you down. 
Especially your makeup.







On me: jacket via Winners, top via Zara & pants via Monki
Makeup: Porcelain Moments
Photography: Mint to Inspire
Editing: Dreamer Charmyn

It's that time of year again...Valentines day.
That designated time of year for couples to celebrate, and share romantic gestures with their special someone.
But for me my favourite thing to do on Valentines day is to pamper the frick out of myself.
I'm talking bath bombs, doing my nails, and if i'm up for a night out: go to a restaurant I've never been to before and treat myself.

Either if you're going out for dinner or spending the whole day together and have no idea what kind of makeup look you want, here is a day to night look that Mint to Inspire, Porcelain Moments and I have created for this special occasion.
This was based off bridal makeup, and being a makeup noob, I learnt a lot working with Harleen (Porcelain Moments).
When it comes to makeup I'm usually at one end or the other, and enjoy my days bare face and days where I go all out.
I'm talking about black lipstick, long eyeliner, strong contour, and highlight thats bright enough that you'll see me from Mars.
Which is why this time around I wanted to explore a softer more romantic look for days when you just want to be girly and sweet.

Here are several tips she shared with me that will hopefully up your makeup's longevity and the way you apply makeup.

1. When applying concealer pat under your eyes in circular motion to ensure an even blend. Also apply the concealer lower than your dark circles 
to blend the foundation and concealer seamlessly
(by dragging the product you leave for an uneven blend that leads to a cakey look)

2. Use a green concealer to cancel out the red on your face
(I was super dubious when I saw Harleen pulled out her green concealer, but it really does work when blended out with normal concealer!)

3. Having no clue on the 'baking' trend, Harleen suggested to use a sponge from Daiso (cut in half) to fully pat the powder into the corner of the eyes. And not to worry if you feel like you placed too much powder, because you can blend it out with a big fluffy brush.

4. Skip the contour palette and op for a foundation / concealer two shades darker than your natural skin tone.
If you're not sure if you're ready to commit to a contour palette or desire more of a soft finish: Sephora is having a 100 point perk on Clinique concealers which can be used as a cotour.
It's also much easier to blend out and gives more of a natural look than powder concealers.

5. Obsessed with liquid lipsticks but don't have the money to buy all the shades you want?
Just DIY it.
Personally I love liquid lipsticks, but Harleen suggested a great alternative that if you want to make any lip colour you own matte to add some translucent powder on top and voila!

6. Second day hair is the best for styling
I always believed freshly washed hair was optimal when I wanted to tie my hair up, but actually second day hair holds a lot better, especially with product.

There you have it guys, six tips to hopefully prepare you for any event!

Before we end off here's a note to any single peeps out there:
I hope you guys remember to freaking love yourself, because regardless of being with someone or not a relationship doesn't define you as a person, or how 'successful' you are.

Till next time lovelies!

Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig