Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

6/30/2016

In Bloom

Something that always makes me smile is...
Flowers courtesy of  Gift Flowers Hong Kong
Photography: Mildred Like
Editing: Dreamer Charmyn

FLOWERS!
One of my favourite things about being a blogger is that I get to share my experiences with you guys, and as many of you know I adore flowers (plants to be exact). This is such a traditional statement 
but to me, one of the best gifts can be a bouquet of flowers. 

The lovely Josy Chan at Gift Flowers sent me a gorgeous bloom box to brighten up my day. However, since I am in Vancouver right now I decided to share them with someone who would appreciate them. Mildred being in the country at the time was gracious enough to send over some pictures after receiving them, some including her majestic cat Kitty!
The flowers came in a box that reminded me so much of Landeau, but instead you can customize it by choosing the colour of box and flowers you want.
The only critique I would say is that the delivery of the flowers would come between 9am - 6pm so it would be difficult to pin point when the delivery would be made. Although it does leave an element of surprise to the receiver. I also found that the flowers weren't as fresh when advertised because there was browning on the edges of the roses, but other than that the whole package as a whole left a positive impression.

Over all I genuinely love this service, since I think it brings back the idea of sending flowers to loved ones, and it doesn't hurt having some flowers to spruce up the place once in a while. 
I remember as a child the only time we would have flowers at home would be around Chinese New Year. And as lame as it sounds my favourite part of the festival would be visiting the local florist / flower stall to handpick a bouquet.
However since it was CNY, the blooms selected were limited to chrysanthemums, pussy willows, narcissus and orchids because of their meaning in Chinese culture.
Regardless, I still hold that memory fondly because I find the process magical; and just like photography, watching separate components come together t
o create one image is breathtaking. 

Feel free to visit their website for more floral arrangement, and maybe even send something to someone or yourself!
There is nothing wrong in giving yourself what you deserve.
Perhaps your wallet may hurt at the end of it, but it's ok to treat yourself once in a while!
Hopefully this post has been helpful to you guys and I look forward to seeing your flower pictures.

Till next time lovelies!


Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig