Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

10/08/2016

It's Been A While

Kicking it off with a bunch of ugly truths.


On me: romper and jacket via Zara & sneakers via Adidas
Photography: Eugenia Chan
Editing: Charmyn Chan

I literally took these on my way to meet a friend.
During my trip to Toronto I barely had any time to style my outfits so I pulled on a favourite combination of mine, a baggy romper, a jacket and some sneaks.
By the way, the wall says 'stay true' which is something I've always believed in.
Because if you don't know yourself who else will?


Side Note
This is a more personal piece than what I've usually written in the past, but it's something I've always wanted to do.


Pertaining to this year, I can officially say 2016 has been a terrible year with its curve balls and reality checks.
It's not like it has been a complete shit show, but I've learnt that life can be emotionally draining and full of set backs.
Especially with relationships.
And no, not the typical f-boy stories you see all over youtube story times, but the real hard hitting moment when a friend betrays you.

My friend Brian wrote an article recently about his friendship breakup which was something I could relate to.
The feeling of being less of a priority and being ditched for someone new.
That recently has happened to me.

Yes, I'm sad (and a bit angsty) but c'est la vie? What can a girl do?
It's inevitable in some friendships, but there's nothing I can do but leave and figure out what type of person I want in my life.

Take for example my experience in New York where a friend conveniently ditched me for several boys she'd only known for two weeks.
It was shitty and an emotional week, but when I look back at all the other terrible experiences in my life I smile.
Why? 
Because I realized how strong I was.
If I was the same person I was when I first started Ko-morebi, I'm not sure how I would have dealt with that situation. 
So in a way I guess this is my tribute to all the tough times.
Till next time lovelies!


Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig